Sunday 27 May 2007

Apple TV, needs audio to sync/stream

Gary at Apple Manchester helped sort a little problem I was having with getting my test comps to show on the ATV. Dead handy for client reviews.

Anyway, after trying many many things, it was concluded your quicktimes must have an audio track. Must be something to do with wanting to keep the audio/video in sync on playing.

So for now we have a 1 second mute track at hand and "add to selection and scale" in Quicktime. So the mute track fits the video trk.

Streams and syncs fine.

I was conviced it was full 720P (1280/720 not some fake 940pixel job) had to be 23.97 as Apple trailers are 23.97 not 24fps.

Trust no one! ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have successfully played 720p25 test renders on my Apple TV, even though the spec says 24fps max.

Nick Shaw

Space|Simon said...

The specs are on the conservative side. Probably just to cover themselves. Like the iPod video.. I've had much higher res movies on mine.